Friday, May 23, 2008

Lets Go Racin' Boys!

Today is finally here.

I've packed my clothes, bedding, and a few fun personal items... Where am I going. Camp! Actually, i've packed twice and ive attempted a move out there twice and each time, something always comes up and i end up moving on back to Dallas. Not my most favorite thing to do... but im ok with it. This weekend is Memorial Day Weekend and we're having 100 ish people come out and 'test' the camp. We're going to test paintball, the waterpark, the zip lines and ropes course.. (which makes zero sense to me because we haven't been trained on the zip or ropes course... and to me... it sounds like it could be fairly dangerous... being 60 freakin feet in the air and all) Im just saying. Odd.

So, im leaving in an hour to begin my summer portion of camp. Bye Bye administration junk.. (waves with delight)

Oh.. I have good news! I made a friend! Ok... im sure that sounded extremely lame and possibly a cry for attention, but i assure you, im just very great full. So Kayla (the new friend) is meeting me at the church around 10am and from there we are going to drive out to the camp.. she has no idea how to get there, so she'll follow me in her own car. We'll need to stop at the mall though, because... ok... listen to this...

Yesterday i remembered that im going to need khaki shorts to look nice on drop off days and pick up days... So i drove to the mall and went to Aeropostale and picked up a pair. They were on cheap too! (happy about that) When i got home.. i immediately began to pack, and as im pulling these new shorts out of the bag.. I see that the Anti Theft "No- Go" Alarm thinger is still attached.
( rolls eyes)
So i need to go back .... with my recipiet.... and have them take care of that little mistake. And why didnt the alarm system go off in the first place? Weird.


After this weekend, myself, Brandon, Jeremy, and Jordan will be going out to the outskirts of Fort Worth to complete a zip line and ropes course training... we'll be done around Saturday at lunch. Our camp's training week starts Friday, so we will have missed the first day... oh dear. But oh well. We need to be able to run our ropes course... so this is the price you have to pay. And its not even that big of a deal. Once training week is complete on the 6th... Allaso CAMPERS arrive on the 8th! Im very excited that the time has finally come. But also, im nervous.

Pray for Allaso.
(and for my own personal strength)

....And so it begins.

No comments: